All of the travelholics in the world are currently on hold with their travels. You still can be inspired by some of the greatest vacation quotes.
Are you at home, quarantined, scrolling through the photos of your past trips? Instead of getting nostalgic, get motivated to plan your future adventures — with a little help from our collection of 100 inspiring vacation quotes!
Summer vacation quotes
If you love when your hair is salty, your feet sandy and your e-mail in an “out-of-office” mode, these summer quotes are perfect for you.
- When all else fails, take a vacation.
- I dream of a never-ending summer.
- The tan will fade, but the memories last forever.
- Brave & free & wild as the sea.
- It’s tan o’clock.
- Smell the sea, feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.
- In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
- At the end of the day your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.
- Let the waves hit your feet, let the sand be your seat.
- Every summer has a story.
- Let the sea set you free.
- Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure.
- A summer I’ll always remember with the people I’ll never forget.
- Summer is a state of mind.
- When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.
- I was made for sunny days.
- Every summer, like the roses, childhood returns.
- I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.
- A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.
- Summer. Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better.
Christmas vacation quotes
Our list of the best Christmas vacation quotes will make waiting for the jolly season easier!
- All I want for Christmas is a plane ticket.
- What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.
- I just want to drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies.
- It’s starting to cost a lot like Christmas.
- If you want me to stop listening to Christmas music in November all you have to do is ask so I can say no.
- The Grinch never hated Christmas. He hated people, which is fair.
- “Made with love” means I licked the spoon and kept using it.
- Christmas magic is silent. You don’t see it — you feel it, you know it, you believe it.
- Christmas is the day that holds all time together.
- May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.
- Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.
- All I want for Christmas is you. Just kidding! I want a three-month vacation.
- Time to seat in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks.
- All I’m saying is you rarely see a person crying and eating a Christmas cookie at the same time.
- Baby, it’s cold outside. No, seriously, it’s freaking freezing.
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing out loud for all to hear.
- Dear Santa, before I explain, how much do you already know?
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, but if it runs out I’ll drink the red.
- Make it a December to remember.
- Merry everything and a happy always.
Family vacation quotes
Whether family vacays remind you of running after your toddler or sipping cocktails in the thick shade, you’ll like these awesome quotes for travel-loving families.
- A family that travels together, stays together.
- Not all classrooms have four walls.
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
- The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.
- Summer vacation is a time when parents realize that teachers are grossly underpaid.
- I choose to collect memories instead of things.
- Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.
- You will never look back on life and think “I spent too much time with my kids”.
- A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.
- Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
- Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.
- Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
- Having kids is a reason to travel. Never a reason to stop.
- We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
- We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.
- Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
- In the end, kids won’t remember the fancy toy you gave them. They will remember the time you spent with them.
- Our family explores, works, plays, loves & dreams together.
- You call it chaos. We call it family vacation.
- The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
Funny vacation quotes
You think a day without sarcasm is like a vacation without margaritas? These quotes might be the right ones for you.
- Block his number and enjoy your summer.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- When in doubt, vacation.
- Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.
- I don’t need a man. I need tequila and tan.
- If you’re not barefoot, you’re overdressed.
- Ice cream is cheaper than therapy.
- The only bs I need is bikinis & sandals.
- Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.
- You are the pina to my colada.
Student vacation quotes
Forget about your studies for a minute and enjoy these quotes!
- No student needs a vacation so much as the student who has just had one.
- A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.
- Don’t bother me I’m on vacation.
- A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
- I want a vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.
- June and July lasted four seconds.
- I need a six-month vacation, twice a year.
- Vacation calories don’t count.
- Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?
- Can’t I just win the lottery and use that money for good? Like happy hours and vacations.
Vacation quotes from movies
Read on if both movies and travels inspire you.
- Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called present. (Kung Fu Panda)
- Summer means many things to many different people. To us, it’s surfing. (The Endless Summer)
- I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. (Beauty and the Beast)
- Kids are starving in India and you're walking around with a sombrero full of peanuts. (Meatballs)
- I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up. (Titanic)
- Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants)
- When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it. (Into the Wild)
- Some days you want to relive forever. (About Time)
- If you could clear all that space in your mind, you would have a doorway. And you know what the universe would do? Rush in. (Eat Pray Love)
- To live would be an awfully big adventure. (Peter Pan)
Vacation relax quotes
Once you read these relax quotes you’ll almost feel a warm breeze running through your hair!
- Happiness comes in waves.
- Find me under the palm trees.
- Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- Sky above, sand below, peace within.
- Laughter is an instant vacation.
- The beach is my happy place.
- Go at least once a year to a place you’ve never been before.
- Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.
- Sometimes the most productive thing to do is relax.
Choose your favourite travel quotes and always keep them near — because a journey of a thousand miles sometimes begins with an awesome quote!